Monday, August 08, 2005

AMAZON the Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Tonight’s class was interesting to say the least. It was fun to see how different teams approached the AMAZON Case. As the class went on you could tell that both the pro Amazon teams & the Anti Amazon teams were starting to get more aggressive in their stances. In the end I think everyone made some really good points. Form the Upper classmen Judo strategy identifying that you don’t want to upset a sleeping giant, all the way to the ones who thought Bezos should resign due to reckless spending and high debt that Amazon has accumulated. Everyone came up with some very good points. To be honest, I must admit that at times I found it hard to explain off a $2.3B deficit and almost 7 years of no profit, but then again if you don’t grow on the internet you are going to be left in the dust.

The other part of the course tonight that I found enlightening was the part on web surfing security. I was aware that you don’t want folks to give you cookies on the web and you are never to give out your information to others. But what I wasn’t aware of how much information was still getting passed out via the web browsing function. From the software you are running on your computer all the way to the general location you may be at. I know one thing, I am going to give my security checks on my computer another go around just to make sure that I am not giving out more information that I need to.

One last question does anyone have a link to the web that discussed security? I didn’t write it down correctly in class. Thanks in advance. J

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandeep Krishnamurthy said...

www.privacy.net

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home